We had our second snow of the season yesterday. It included a slippery layer of ice that shone in the sun like glass. Our outdoor view was transformed into a sea of diamonds in the sun’s reflection. Yes, winter had arrived with a mighty announcement that the season was here to stay.
Then it struck me! It was time to bring out the snowman building “kit”! When the next big wet snow blew in, we would be ready for some outdoor fun. I added whole carrots to my grocery list and made sure nothing had fallen out of my kit during storage.
You can prepare a snowman building kit too! Here is what you will need:
|Snowman building “kit”|
1. An old hat – any color, shape or material
2. A scarf or one long, skinny piece of fabric (strips from on old towel, blanket or sheet will work)
3. Buttons or round rocks for the eyes and mouth.
Lightweight wire (floral wire works well, or even wire twist ties from bread sacks are effective) can be
added to the buttons so you can stick them into the snow.
4. A long carrot for the nose
5. Sticks, that are straight for the arms
6. A bubble pipe left over from summer fun can also be added to your snowman’s mouth
The Finished Product…with a happy boy!
Inspired by the book:
Miraculous, Magical Moments in Minutes:
Over 500 Quick, Easy Activities for Adults and Children to Share
We started at 500+ and are counting upward and onward!